Saturday, January 31, 2009

Joey and Janice's Day of Fun...s!!!!

So...I'm poor. Poorer than I was when I came into this world. Thus, for Christmas I decided to give the gift of time. I spent an evening each with Mum & Dad, Julie & Jana, and Dan & Grandma, with a twelve dollar spending limit each night. It was, if I say so myself, quite ballin'. Here's a recap of our Joey and Janice's Day of Fun...s!!

Evening the First:
I went with Mum and Dad to the Salt Lake City Library to explore. We spent most of our time in the basement in the children's collection and found some great international kids books, most notably the German favorite "Vom Kleinen Maulwurf, Der Wissen Wollte, Wer Ihm Auf Den Kopf Gemacht Hat" (The Little Mole Who Wanted to Know Who Pooped On His Head). We curled up on a LoveSac and I read/translated. Truly, this was quite the literary moment.

Other highlights include three-tiered fireplaces, being mistaken for a teenager, and shakes at Hires afterwards.

Evening the Second:
I went to Ikea with Jana and helped pick out some stellar window treatments and light fixtures for her condo. We picked up some treats and a movie and went home to lounge about with Julie. We took some pics of us lookin' reeeeaal good. Here's a sample:

We are real good looking. We know.

Evening the Third:
I picked up some Del Taco and met Dan at Grandma's. We ate, watched a basketball game, and pulled out the cards for a killer game of Old Maid.

We're also real good at Slap Jack, Connect Four, and Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Joey and Janice's Day of Fun...s were a hit, if I say so myself. Thanks for playing, kids!

2 comments:

jkribbit said...

Wow. The pictures. Wow. I take it you've been productive while you've been sick...

Angelfish said...

Fabulous! I'm so sad our special pictures are deleted - the one time I'm not the one closest to the camera! :)