Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crafty Crafty ME! (Or: Lauren blogging about things you don't want to read about)

Guys, guess what. This is my second post THIS WEEK. I am boss of internetting. Plus, I'm going to talk about CRAFTS!!!! I am unstoppable in my Mormon girl blogging skills.

Here's the story:

A few months ago I bought an item. Since my brother makes up one-fifth of my regular readership, I'll refrain from going into details about this item (though I was going to write a post about my friends "Pammie" "Tammie" and "Cammie" and my introduction to them at different ages...) but I will say that it's awesome. Not for the faint of heart, but awesome (and you're welcome, Julie, for changing my phrasing there). There's just one thing I HATE about this item--it came with the most embarrassing little bag to carry it around in.

Really? I didn't even ever carry a purse regularly until I was 23, and they want me to haul this little sparkly purple monstrosity around with me wherever I go? Yes, my then nine year old cousin might have called me a diva, but...really? Need my personal hygiene item proclaim that to the world? My soul is dying. There needed to be a better way.

So, in the middle of a recent Buffy/Angel binge, I sat down with some newfangled supplies I had just bought at WalMart at midnight and tried to remember anything from my eighth grade sewing class that didn't have to do with that one time that little hussy Linda grabbed me by my bangs and slapped me. (Lesson learned--bangs are bad.) Something must have stuck, because I think it turned out amazing.

So much better. Plus, Cammie's happy to have a new home away from home.

Too much?

2 comments:

jkribbit said...

Hahahahahahahahaha. Way to be all domestic and crafty. :)

Hannah said...

hahahaaha,I love it. PS: I want one for Harold. What?